(My parents were in town last weekend and Sunday night I decided to try this (well, a different one it had a cajun seasoning packet in it). It is delicious!!! I got it from Wal-mart.
Very easy. You soak the beans overnight, change the water and simmer the beans for 2 1/2 hours. Then you saute onion and garlic along with sausage or kielbasa (optional). Add that along with a can of diced tomatoes or stewed tomatoes, seasoning packet and lemon and simmer for about 30 more minutes. YUM!!! We also had plenty to have leftovers which always seem to taste even better!
What we have been or are up to:
- High School football games
- OU Saturday dance class
- 6th Grade football games
- Birthday Parties (seems like a LOT of Lexi's friends are turning 12 right now)
- Fall Break will be Thursday and Friday
- A friend is spending the night with Lexi on Thursday
- On Friday, dinner with friends and then a haunted house
- AND the big news of TODAY........Lexi made the 6th grade girls basketball team.....WOOHOO!!!!!!!
I probably should add that this is in addition to the "normal" happenings for each week. Lexi has dance 2 nights a week (4 hours total), Broadway Kids (her theater/singing group) 1 night a week and voice lessons 1 night a week!!!!!!!
She also just got her 1st 9 weeks report card today and made one B and the rest A's. Way to go Lexi!!!!!!♥
Hope you are all having a great day and some beautiful Fall weather.♥